I have a district that attempted to process a special pay, but used the wrong pay date. The payroll has been done through PAYDIR. The bank rejected the file because the payroll was dated for a weekend date.
What steps can I take to re-send this payroll? Does the whole payroll need voided and started over? If so, how?
If Accumulators have NOT been cleared, they can rerun PAYDIR and enter in the correct posting date (paydate).
If Accumulators have been cleared, then these steps need to be followed:
What they will have to do is Rebuild the Direct deposit Accumlators for this payroll. You will need to run this procedure for them:
1. Determine districts payroll period ending date
2. Go to the districts directory
3. At the menu prompt, type in:
4. Enter the Period Ending Date (YYYMMDD)
5.Have the district review the BUILDIR.TXT, to make sure the total is correct.
6. go to the district's CURPAY.INI and clear the * in the PAYDIR field.
7. Then have them rerun PAYDIR and here is where they can enter in the correct Pay Date (Posting Date).
8. If deduction checks were created for the direct deposit deductions, district should void using CHKSTA and create new ones with the correct date.
You might want to try this first in a test account with a copy of the districts files first.